There are hundreds of CBD products to choose from — how do you find the CBD that’s right for you? First, recognize that CBD is like sushi: Both are something you should never buy at a gas station.
Why? Because you’re going to put it in your body, and as the vaping crisis of 2019 proved, in a market that is unregulated, there are people who will bring inferior products, and people who will buy them and ingest them, with bad results.
Before you buy CBD, as with sushi, there are a few things you want to know: Where did it come from? How has it been processed? What are other people saying about it? Who vouches for it?
Put only certified, high-quality CBD in your body
At Kannaboomers we recommend using only CBD brands that have been certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority (USHA). (Here’s our interview with USHA president of the board Marielle Weintraub.) The USHA’s quality standards align with existing U.S. Department of Agriculture standards, and until the federal government enacts regulations, USHA standards are the most stringent we’ve seen. We regard them as a defacto quality standard, and one that consumers can confidently trust. We may expand our recommendations to other certifying bodies, but as of this writing USHA is it.
What are the USHA-certified brands? Right now these include:
Other brands are requesting certification as manufacturers realize that consumers require some way of knowing that the CBD they are buying is pure, potent and manufactured according to established best practices.
What type of CBD should I take?
Once you’ve found a quality brand, you still have to determine the best form of CBD for your needs. The good news is, CBD is a versatile medicine that comes in many forms.
Capsules: If you don’t like the taste of tinctures, which can be grassy, or flavored minty, chocolaty or whatever, a capsule is tasteless, easy to swallow and precisely dosed, assuming the manufacturer has a tight process that includes quality assurance, as USHA-certified brands do.
- Tinctures: Fast acting when you let it sit under your tongue where it absorbs into your bloodstream instantly, a tincture is easy to administer and often a more economical approach.
- Topicals and balms: Ideal for addressing localized back, knee, elbow or shoulder pain, or arthritis wherever it shows up. A good thing to have in your gym bag.
- Edibles: Who doesn’t love gummies?
- Transdermal patches: Another alternative for treating localized pain, or for getting medicine into patients who may have trouble swallowing
- Vaping: At this writing, the Center for Disease Controls is still sorting out what happened over the summer of 2019. Until the CDC signals that vaping is safe — which will require government regulation that could take years — we’re recommending that you avoid pen-style vape devices. A better alternative is a dry herb vaporizer, like the Davinci IQ, packed with the ground-up flower of a high-CBD cultivar.
Here are some USHA-certified products we have tried and recommend.
Elixinol Hemp Oil Drops (3600mg)
Certified by the U.S. Hemp Authority, Elixinol is a brand you can trust, and their CBD Hemp Oil Drops are ideal for high-potency dosages. It's easy to take up to 100 milligrams (or more) of CBD at a time with the dropper provided. Sublingual absorption means you are getting medicine into you instantly.
Free shipping in the U.S.
Use the code below to save 10% on your purchase!
DescriptionElixinol CBD Tincture Hemp Oil Drops are derived from organically grown hemp with a high CBD content. The C02 extracted oil is then put in a dropper bottle containing 3600mg of CBD. It is a whole-plant extract, not synthetic and not an isolate. Elixinol CBD tinctures contain all the synergistic cannabinoids, terpenoids, and other compounds of the original plant, and Elix
A high-strength tinctureThis is Elixinol's highest-strength tincture: A 120ml tincture contains 3,600 milligrams of cannabidiol extract or CBD hemp oil. A dose of 1/4 dropper (0.5ml) taken under the tongue three times daily will provide many valuable nutrients.
- Available in cinnamint and natural flavors
- Full-spectrum cannabinoid extract
- Organic hemp CO2 extract tincture
- Other natural molecules include: alkanes, nitrogenous compounds, amino acids, sugars, aldehydes, alcohols, ketones, flavanoids, glycosides, vitamins, Pigments, and water.
- You are assured of quality and purity; Elixinol publishes a Certificate of Analysis for every batch
Free shipping in the U.S.
You may also like…
Charlotte's Web Original Formula CBD Oil
That’s a big claim, so let’s take a closer look: Among the first 14 companies to receive the high-quality seal from the U.S. Hemp Authority, Charlotte’s Web says their products are rigorously tested, as is the soil and water used in growing (all on family-owned farms in the U.S.) ensuring there are no heavy metals or pesticides present. All of their products are also gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO, and are stored in BPA-free containers.
The company actively supports nine charities. Today you can buy Charlotte's Web in two flavors, olive oil and mint chocolate:
CBD, plus naturally occurring phytocannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids and more in a formulation designed to help maintain:
- — Support for normal, everyday stresses*
- — Healthy recovery from exercise*
- — A sense of calm for focus*
Charlotte's Web uses select ingredients to ensure the best hemp extract CBD oil possible, with no fillers.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
The original CBD oil product from Charlotte's Web, featuring the most hemp extract and cannabidiol (CBD) content per serving. Certified by U.S. Hemp Authority, and ideal for countering normal, everyday stress and supporting recovery from exercise.
- U.S.-grown hemp
- Approx. 43mg hemp extract per 0.5mL serving
DaVinci IQ Vaporizer
The DaVinci IQ is a sleek, discreet wonder. The brushed aluminum conduction device fits nicely in your pocket or palm with just the right amount of heft, and gives you precise control over your vaping experience. It's compact and easy to operate and keep clean.
Really taste your herb
The IQ’s ceramic zirconia air path delivers a clean draw that lets you really taste your cannabis.
Choose your flavor profiles
The IQ enables you to customize your temperature settings to control the flavor of your cannabis. Set your preferred temp and enjoy – it’s simple and smart.
Control your IQ with the Bluetooth app
You can use your phone to turn on your IQ and dial in your exact vaping temperature.
Priced at $229, the IQ comes with accessories including two mouthpieces, the lithium-ion battery, charging cord, brush and packing tool.
Want to learn more about dry vaping? Listen to our podcast with John Bailey of DaVinci Vaporizer.